Thursday, August 23, 2012

Closet Talks & Crunchy Toes


Here's an interesting fact. Putting clothes together into outfits sometimes wigs me out.

Sometimes I wander into my closet and bump into shoes and belts and forgotten skirts (I don't do well with skirts) and I draw a blank. 

Sometimes I feel like outfits purposefully hide from me.

I'm no moron... I know what's up. 

Anyway, the dilemma reached the point of being ridiculous a few weeks ago so I decided to do something I should have done a long time ago.

I pulled out every shirt, skirt, jean and ballet flat I own. I then proceeded to mix, match, pair, reevaluate and take picture after picture after picture of the outfits I pieced together in a full length mirror. I then loaded all of those pictures into a file on my computer, so I have somewhere to turn when I walk into my closet and feel like I'm looking into a black abyss. 

Doing this has helped me so much. It took a good 4 hours all said and done, but if you take into consideration the amount of time wasted floundering around in your closet for something that might "work" it is well worth the investment.

I just finished doing this with my sister a few days ago and it was a really fun way to spend an afternoon - good company and multiple opinions on whether stuff is cute or not always helpful.
Also, Pinterest. Definitely Pinterest. 

It helps to look up stuff that you already have in your closet instead of just pinning fantasy items, lots of nifty ideas. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Totally shifting gears here...

I buy tennis shoes new, it's not a rule of mine necessarily...it just seems like if you're planning on using them you deserve to own a brand new pair of tennis shoes, call it motivation to earn 'em.

That being said, I have had years, and years and years of bad tennis shoes experiences. Crunched toes, smooshed feet, blisters and the ever present obvious fact that tennis shoes just aren't that cute. Also I operate about like a two year old when it comes to keeping shoes clean. White tennis shoes just don't work well for me, at all. 


So I found these. Ignore the fact that they look sort of huge...I have substantially large feet. Anyway, white tennis shoe problem? Solved. Crunched toes? Not anymore. Blisters? Not happening. 

Unfortunately new shoes don't fix the fact that I'm a crummy runner. They did however, serve as a great catalyst for a bonding experience for Brad and I. He apparently didn't realize until yesterday after prolonged periods of time spent staring at my twiggy little ankles that they are severely pronated, bless him. He loves me anyway. 

I like this aspect too...


Not bad, huh? 



xoxo,

Rae 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment